In this article, we will discuss the cable issue, how to prevent it, and what to do if it happens to you.
The SylvanSport Go is a popular pop-up camper that is known for its convenience and affordability. However, some owners have reported an issue with the cable system that raises and lowers the tent pod. In this article, we will discuss the cable issue, how to prevent it, and what to do if it happens to you.
The Cable Issue
The cable issue can occur when the cable becomes loose and gets caught on the pulley. This can prevent the tent pod from raising or lowering properly. In some cases, the cable can even get twisted, bound or break.
How to Prevent the Cable Issue
There are a few things you can do to prevent the cable issue:
- Make sure the cable is always tight.
- Inspect the cable regularly for signs of wear or damage.
- If you notice any problems with the cable, have it repaired or replaced immediately.
What to Do If the Cable Issue Happens to You
If the cable issue happens to you, there are a few things you can do:
- Try to loosen the cable by hand.
- If you can't loosen the cable, use a tool to help you.
- Once the cable is loose, you should be able to remove it from the pulley.
- If the cable is broken, you will need to replace it.
The cable issue is a known problem with the SylvanSport Go. However, it is a relatively easy problem to prevent and fix. By following the tips in this article, you can help ensure that your SylvanSport Go is always ready for your next camping trip.
Here are some additional tips to help you prevent the cable issue:
- When you're not using your SylvanSport Go, store it in a dry place.
- Avoid using your SylvanSport Go in extreme weather conditions.
- If you do use your SylvanSport Go in extreme weather conditions, be sure to inspect the cable for signs of wear or damage after each use.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the cable issue, please contact SylvanSport customer service.